I was happy to read a recent article over at ESPN about New York Jets running back Chris Ivory routinely using acupuncture.
But it got me thinking, I have read stories about NFL players using acupuncture before!
I did a little research. Here is a collection of various reports of NFL players who use acupuncture.
- Chris Ivory and Darrelle Revis of the New York Jets.
"So far that has worked for me.”
- Greenbay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rodgers.
"I had my normal routine...worked out, acupuncture..."
- 15 year NFL veteran Tony Richardson
"Before that, it used to be just ice and heat."
- Pittsburgh linebackers James Farrior and James Harrison, Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora. (Plus 37 more!)
“I’m not the same if I don’t have it.”
- Draft prospect Kendell Moore. [Video]
- Eagles Player Josh Huff and his girlfriend. [Video]
"I feel extremely good right now."
- Cincinnati Bengals’ linebacker James Harrison
"...goes through acupuncture twice a week."
- Titans Right Corner Back Perrish Cox
- Oakland Raiders Defensive End, Ryan Riddle.
"Miraculously, the acupuncture treatment turned out to be the most effective treatment I ever received throughout my football career."
- Hall of Fame quarterback Warren Moon
- New Orleans Saints tight end Jeremy Shockey and Seattle Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck
- Cleveland Browns’ offensive tackle Tony Pashos
- St. Louis Rams' Steven Jackson
It is amazing. I really think someone ought to start a Kickstarter documentary about acupuncture use in the NFL.
Do you know another story of NFL players using acupuncture? Email me. I would love to add it to this list.